Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 9th, 2010 Mother's Day Posting

Hi Family,

I have family events planned for today, so I looked for something I could put up in a quick post, but I wanted to find something befitting Mother's Day.

I came across a loose piece of paper that I realized was Dad's (Glen's) notes about Grandma (Lavell) from a talk he gave at her funeral.

This list is special for several reasons, the first of which is it gives us a rare glimpse into Grandma & Grandpa's (Clifford's) marriage.

Before Dad passed away I began recording his history, but he died before we recorded many of the stories on this list, so if anyone out there has any additional details I'd love to hear them.

I know Dad mentions Marvin's name in his list of stories, so Marvin's memories on these subjects would be a rare treat.

I hope you all enjoy Dad feelings for and thoughts about his Mom in the few short sentences he wrote, and I hope you all have a happy Mother's Day.

No comments: